CPL(H) – Commercial Helicopter Pilot Licence
The CPL licence allows you to be paid as a pilot as long as you are rated on the helicopter you fly.
In order to obtain a CPL you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Hold valid Class 1 Medical Certificate
- Hold a valid PPL
- Hold a General Radio Licence.
- Have passed the eight theoretical exams
- Have at least 200 hours in a helicopter of which 100 hours were flown as Pilot in Command and 20 hours were cross country flown as Pilot in Command. (the 50 PPL hours count towards your CPL)
- Have passed the Practical Skills Test.